Sunday, March 13, 2011

First week of interning!!

Second Post of the night!

This one will be shorter than the spring break one, I promise!

I started my internship this week! The one at gurgle.com (if you haven’t checked out the website you should!) It is an interesting placement for me (you’ll know why once you see the website)  but I am getting great experience.

A lot of people think of interns as the person who will get the coffee, make the photocopies or file paperwork. That is not the case at my company. I am like a member of the staff without getting paid. On my first day I had to research and compare the competition companies, got assigned a feature article to write and help with researching and planning ways to redesign part of the website.

My second day of the internship was writing up my feature article, editing the actual website, and beginning to do research for the next stage of expanding the company. As of now the company goes up to age 3 and they want to expand it to age five. So for each month between age 3 and age 5 (months 36-60) we have to write up what a child will be going through and will be experiencing. I begin researching this and continued it on Friday. I have also contributed to an article on breast cancer. I think in total over working there for three days I have written 12-15 pages worth of articles. It is giving me so much experience and is keeping me busy!

It is really a good place for me because I will be able to walk out with so much to show that I have done. It is hard to believe that I will be a published writer with journalistic articles to have on file as proof!

Its now my last week of being 20. Its kinda scary thinking that I will be turning 21 in a week! It means I need to find something fun to do for my birthday! Stay tuned to find out what I will be doing next Sunday to celebrate my 21st!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment