Friday, March 25, 2011

21st Birthday!

I know in my last post I mentioned that I would write about what happened on my birthday (last sunday), that really didn't happen.

I started my birthday off like a normal day, I went on a run and made myself a nice breakfast. I actually got a great surprise in the morning when I got a phone call from my parents! I didn't think I was going to be able to talk to them because they are currently in South Africa with a group of students! It was great talking to them! I went to pick up a cake that my parents had ordered which looked absolutely delicious!  I then decided to head out and just enjoy the day. I went out for a bit of shopping where I got a necklace and just had a good time roaming around. I came back to the flat and was relaxing when I got a really sweet surprise from Sheena and Kelsey. They had bought me a bottle of champagne for my birthday! I was not expecting it at all! Analise also came over and gave me an adorable necklace and Narod was so sweet and gave me some cookies for all the baking I had done for the flat. The girls were just so amazing the entire night!  I got to skype and talk to other members of my family and some friends back in the States before I got ready to head out to dinner. (It is important to note that during all of this Kate had been talking about a surprise that she had in the kitchen, therefore I was not allowed in the kitchen)

I got ready for the dinner and got a knock on my door to come out and have a glass of champagne. I decided that I would do that. I figured it would be fun. (it was lots of fun!) I ended up having 2 glasses of champagne before heading out to dinner. It was really funny because at this time Kate said that she had also bought a bottle of champagne for me and it was sitting in the kitchen. I told her that we would drink it after dinner with the cake!  I felt a little bit tipsy on my way to dinner, I was a little bit funny on the tube! I went to TGI Fridays because of the really fun drinks that they have! We had to wait at the bar for a bit before we could move to the table. The bartender asked what we wanted. I had no clue. My friends made sure that he knew it was my birthday so after everyone else ordered their drink he told me he would make me a special drink. He asked me what kind of spirits i like. i told him i didn't know. he asked what kind of drinks i normally drink, and i told him i don't drink. He then decided he would make something that was fruity and did not taste like alcohol.



we moved to our table and 2 of the girls went up to the bar and got our drinks for us. The bartender then came by and said he had bought my drink for me because it was my birthday! I thought that was sweet. We ordered food and just had a great time. I got another surprise drink, which also tasted good and we just enjoyed ourselves. I got surprised with a little birthday dessert which was whipped cream and hot fudge with a candle. it was good!




Going back to the flat I started dancing in the sidewalks and threw my shoes around. It was quite amusing. Back at the flat we had cake, ice cream and some more alcohol. Now, as started earlier, I do not drink. At least I hadn't drunk before my 21st. We had wine, champagne, and shots back in the flat. I am not going to lie, I got drunk. I got my friends to laugh and I learned that I am a composed drunk and i made my friends laugh.


(I don't know why I was allowed to use the knife to cut the cake, especially after the amount I had to drink!)

It was a really fun night. I had a great time with my friends and celebrating my 21st! I won't be drinking that much again, but I had fun during the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment