Sunday, April 10, 2011

you can get burnt in london???

Ive gotten really bad at updating this lately, sorry! im sure so many of you are disappointed you don't hear about my adventures regularly!

so lets talk about the last two weeks. Not gonna lie, my weeks are very routine. I go to class on tuesdays and I work wednesday, thursday and friday. Many of you all know that I work at gurgle, an online magazine and social website for parents and parents-to-be. I am getting to know A LOT about pregnancy, giving birth and kids. It is information that i don't really care about knowing at this point in my life. Since working there I have had two dreams that I am pregnant (im not, and they were NOT good dreams!) and that means i am spending wayyyy too much time at my job. I write about four feature articles a day as well as update the competition section, approve images and things like that. I will have a nice sized portfolio by the time I am done. Granted, it will be full of articles on kids and babies, but everyone has to start someplace right?

Two weekends ago I went to windsor on saturday and a football match on sunday! It was a lot of fun. Windsor is a massive castle! We got there at the end of the changing of the guard so we got to witness that which was loads of fun because it was a parade of the men in the red uniforms!!


The castle was huge so we walked around the area and just took in the area. it was really pretty brick with some really nice flowers all around! it is kinda on a kill so it looks over the rest of winsdor. Apparently, this is the favourite residence of the Queen!



(yes i was a tourist and took a picture with the red guard!)

Sunday we went to watch a football match. Blackpool vs. fulham! i always root for the underdog and since everyone around me was rooting for blackpool, i went with fulham. (i didn't cheer loudly or anything, but in my heart i wanted them to score!) It was also relaly cool because the US national player, landon donovon plays for blackpool so we got to see him play! for those of you who do not know football, he helped the American team out in the world cup back in june!




this week was class and then work (which i have already explained) but over the weekend I went to brighton on saturday and hung out in hyde park today (sunday).

Brighton is a beach town with a pier, so it reminded us of santa monica (except for the fact that we were in england and the beach was pure rocks!).



we roamed around the town and stopped into the royal pavilion that was shaped similar to a mosque but decorated in a Chinese theme. Somewhat odd, but it reminded me a lot of my life, you know, Saudi Arabia and China....



We also just relaxed on the beach! Kelsey and I got strawberry lime cider and it was really good. It just kinda tasted like strawberry lemonade! We sat enjoying that for about two hours just soaking up the sun!





Anyways, for those of you who do not know me, i am rather white, i mean, my ancestors came from Norway, Germany and Sweden, so I am kinda as white as a person can get. This means I generally do not tan. I burn. It was rather sunny in brighton and at one point Mia looked at me and went "you are really red", yes I had managed to get burnt. You see, i do not even own sunscreen in england becuase who knew it would be sunny enough for me to burn? I got the most burnt out of anyone on the trip. I passed one guy on the street and he said, "looks like you got some sun there missy." To be honest, if people hadn't pointed it out, i wouldn't have known until i got to a mirror. getting burnt does not hurt. I have been burnt so many times I am kinda immune to it and it doesn't bother me anymore (i know thats probably bad). The burn isn't that bad in my opinion, ive had worse..

Today I went to hyde park after a five mile run (oh yeah, im signing up for another marathon, so training begins now!) and i sat down to read for my classes. Again, it was a beautiful warm sunny day! Again, I got burnt. Now it is just a really awkward burn. I got burned on top of my burn and then i got a nice farmers burn on my arms...yeah...thats attractive. I think it might be time to invest in some sunscreen, but who knew i could get burnt in england??

People wonder how i survive saudi with the sun. You see, I do not get burnt in Saudi, i actually do tan in saudi! I know that is surprising, but its true. Some places in the world i just burn more easily than others, and saudi is one of those places that i don't get that burnt (pretty much every other country in the world is on the list of getting burnt!)

So yes, for those of you who burn easily, it can happen in england.

I can't believe I am going to be back in the states in exactly three weeks. That is really scary knowing all that i have to do for classes, all i want to do here and everything that is going on between now and when I leave! i am really loving london and I am in love with this weather. it is so pretty! Since it is so pretty here right now with flowers blooming, I am going to leave you with some of the images that I took today!!







No comments:

Post a Comment