Sunday, February 20, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie galore

I cannot believe how fast time is flying by! Another week has already flown by, and it has been a busy week.

Happy Valentines Day (well on Monday i guess), I hope you all had a great valentines, I know i did. I took a day trip to Bath to celebrate! It was a lot of fun, and the weather was beautiful! I just wandered around the city enjoying the markets, the architecture, the people and the beauty. it is such a fun place to be because it is such a historical place. It is a world heritage site. The entire town is because of the limestone on the buildings and the history behind it. I went to the Sally Lunn's Bakery and got myself a roll. The rolls are the size of my head (no joke) and i took that with me back to London to enjoy for dinner. I really enjoyed wandering around Bath because when my mom was a junior in college she came to study abroad in the UK and studied in Bath for the semester, so it was nice getting to know the town that she lived in for 4 months!! I tried finding a coffee mug for her because she collects starbucks mugs from every place shes been, but they didn't have Bath. They had Wales, Scotland, Cardiff, Edinburgh, London, England, but no Bath. Since she had been to all of the places they had mugs for I did buy her one of the mugs, but She will have to wait to see which one I got for you. It has been narrowed down to six of them!!





I thought the Boston Tea Party coffee house was just really clever and historical for all my US friends back home!!

On tuesday I went to class and then I had an information meeting about my placement for my internship (the one i mentioned a while ago in my blog, yes, im sticking with it). i learned all about where it was located and what they expected of me and what i would be doing while i was there. I was also given an interview time and i was set to go with my interview scheduled on Thursday! I also decided that I was going to be really nice and make my flatmates cookies as a good luck to interviews. I got home around 8 and began making to dough and putting the cookies in the oven. each time i took a tray of cookies out of the oven, they were gone within 5 minutes. It is a great benefit of living with so many people, cookies go freakishly fast. At LMU it would take me days to get rid of all my cookies, here, less than a hour!

On wednesday i went out and explored London a little more, I also decided to go and see the matinee of Love Story. I don't know if you have ever seen the movie, it is old and it is sad, but they have made it into a musical. It surprised me in being good. I was expecting a really cheesy and bad musical (they do exist) but this one was enjoyable, and i got really really cheap tickets so i thoroughly enjoyed it.

My interview day was on thursday. I had scoped the place out on wednesday and I was all set for my interview. I was actually a little nervous becuase they want me to do a lot and some of the stuff I am not sure I am qualified enough the do, but I will learn fast and do a great job. The location for my internship is great. I take the tube 3 stops to green pack and it is a 5 minute walk from the tube! it is in a high-end business area. There is a Rolls-Royce dealership on the corner, Gucci is on the street and the list continues. It is a high end shopping district. There is a nice little park that I will go to if the weather is good and eat lunch enjoying the fresh air. I got to my office at 10:57 (three minutes early) and was ready for my interview. I was told that the interview was business causal, no need to wear a suit but it implied that I had to look professional. I wore a grey skirt, belt, black shirt and heels. My boss was wearing jeans, sneakers, and a shirt. I was a little over dressed to say the least. The interview was nice and easy, I went upstairs and met the rest of the employees and I was out of the building by 11:05. It took my longer to get to my interview, than my interview actually lasted.

Friday nothing out of the ordinary happened. I was going to go to a matinee on Saturday, but I got down to the ticket booths and the lines were really long and the tickets were expensive!! So i decided to go back to my flat, found a cheap ticket online and I went to Grease on Saturday night instead! it was a fun light-hearted musical! I enjoyed it, but then i enjoy most musicals!

Today was just another relaxing day. I got my bag for spring break next week!! I will be heading to paris and rome!! It should be really awesome and exciting and i am looking forward to going!! Laurel and I are going to have a blast!! I then came back to my flat and I made cookies for everyone again!! It is finals for a lot of people and I decided they needed some good home cooked food and some freshly backed cookies to ease the stress. So i made up four dozen cookies! they only lasted about an hour and they were gone really fast! I just love cooking and I love to have other people who will eat my baked goods!!

I am now in the midst of applying for internships for the summer. I have been looking up so many options, but i now actually have to apply. I am going to find something to keep me busy tomorrow to take my mind off decisions and i am just really looking forward to paris and rome!!

So stay tuned, because in two weeks I will have tons of adventures coming from Paris and Rome!!!!

1 comment: