Sunday, February 13, 2011

Kickboxing, bus tours and other fun adventures!

It was a great week. I think that is always a positive way to think about a week! I didn't do very much on monday, but on tuesday it was an absolutely stunning day!! I was really sad that I had class for 9 hours, but i found out that one of my classes was cancelled from 4-8 and instead we were going to watch a movie at 8! So i got to enjoy some of the beautiful weather outside!! You can see the sunset below! I love sunsets so i was really happy when I got to see a magnificent one!







The move we went to on Tuesday was called N.E.D.S. It stands for Non Educated Delinquents. If you are in the mood for a light-hearted, uplifting movie, this is not for you. It is about a boy who has dreams and aspirations and gets involved with a gang. He ends up ruining his life and when he gets back into the school system he is placed into the special education class and can never work his way out of it. Like I said, not uplifting and happy.

Wednesday was another stunning day, bright and sunny so i spent time walking around and enjoying the day. Nothing too exciting.

Thursday was quite exciting! I went to classes like normal and then in the evening I went to kickboxing! It was my first time ever trying kickboxing. I had heard that it is a great workout, and trust me, it is! it was meant to be a beginners course, but only two of us were actual beginners. Although there was padding I was not used to punching and kicking another person! I felt really bad! My partner and I both got kicked. On accident we both kicked each other in the stomach. I was really sore the next day, but it was worth it! I will be going every week because I thought it was a lot of fun and a great work out!

On Saturday I decided to go on a bus tour day trip to Stratford, Cotswold and Oxford! It was a lot of fun! I went by myself, but the tour was divided into two groups. One of the groups was a Japanese group and was run entirely in Japanese, and then there was my group. My group only had 7 people in it and out of those 7, 4 of us were college students studying in London! We had a great time together, lots of great laughs and great sights!! We got to see some of the places Harry Potter was filmed, which was great fun! We also saw some beautiful countryside along the way!! We toured through Shakespeare's birth place and Anne Hathaway's (Shakespeare's wife) cottage. Overall it was a great day!!










I have spent most of today just relaxing and doing some homework. I am heading back to Bath tomorrow, so I will keep you all updated. This upcoming week is a big week, we have our interviews, I have a parliament tour and it should be loads of fun!! I will keep you all updated on the fun adventures

No comments:

Post a Comment