Monday, February 7, 2011

Keep Calm and Eat a Cupcake

It is super bowl sunday!

A group of us are watching it on BB1 and cheering for our respective teams. we are being patriotic while being in London!

The beginning of my week was pretty normal, I didn't do very much on monday. On tuesday I had my three classes like normal, but I had my first midterm. I think it went pretty well! Wednesday I spent the time cleaning my room because my parents came and visited me on Thursday!!

Thursday I met my parents for breakfast before my classes (yes, I still had to go, my parents didn't let me skip!) It was really fun seeing them even if it was just for an hour. I then went to the Charles Dickens Museum, and that was rather interesting. It was cool to learn a lot more about his life and how it influenced his novels. My social welfare class was normal, it went on kinda long and people kept asking questions. I just wanted them to be quiet so that I could leave and be with my parents!! (My parents spent the day just walking around London and taking in the sights!)



Thursday night my parents and I travelled to Piccadilly Circus, where we went to a pub for dinner. I tried my first fish and chips! Traditional british food, but I wasn't a huge fan. I do not like fish, and although I could not taste the fish, I didn't like the fish texture, it was just weird! We then went to the musical, We Will Rock You. It was so much fun! the musical was filled with energy and excitement. It was musical filled with music by Queen. It got audience involvement singing and dancing in their seats. I would recommend it for anyone who wants to see a fun light-hearted musical, because it was just a lot of fun!

On Friday we woke up nice and early, had a great breakfast and then headed to the portobello road market. It was just great spending time with my parents in London! They bought a couple of maps. I got a couple of boots (my old ones were falling apart), some fresh fruit and just enjoyed walking around.  I got a poster that says, Keep Calm and Eat a Cupcake. I love it! It is perfect with the week I was having last week. It also goes great with the little poster (that i didn't buy but have written and posted on my wall) that says, Now Panic and Freak Out.




We ended up going to the show, Love Never Dies on Friday night. It wasn't as good as i was expecting. It kinda fell flat. the story line wasn't great and the music wasn't on par with other andrew lloyd weber music. from the person who did Phantom of the Opera, Cats, Jesus Christ Superstar and so many other greats, it just wan't up to par.

Saturday morning I said goodbye to my parents at at beautiful hour of 7:40am. It was a great visit with them and I loved it but always really sad to say goodbye. The visit was just wayyyyyyy to short! I spent the day kinda relaxing and then heading off to a movie. I saw the movie, A Little Bit of Heaven. It is a really sad movie. A woman get diagnosed with colon cancer and she dies. That is not really ruining anything for those of you who might see it because that is revealed in the first 20 minutes of the movie.

This morning I spent time heading to Chinatown for the huge Chinese New Year celebrations. It was really fun to see all of the lanterns and all of the people out. It was filled with singers, dancers, lion dancing, firecrackers and all of that good stuff. it was a great time and made me miss the days that I lived in China!





I have nothing really planned for my week at this point. I am hoping that I can go somewhere this upcoming weekend. Maybe Spain? Portugal? Scotland? who knows where my adventures will take me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment