Sunday, January 30, 2011

Stonehenge, Bath and other stuff from the week


It is amazing how fast time is flying here in London. I have completed three weeks of classes and i have been here almost a month! I can't believe it is almost February!

Monday was the one month anniversary of my grandfathers death, another sign with how fast time has flown. He was definitely on my mind a lot this week but he was a great man and I know he will be remembered through his children, his grandchildren, and all the other lives that he had an impact on (there were a lot!).

I found out my internship on wednesday, apparently I will be interning at gurgle.com some of you know my feelings about that (if you don't and want to know just ask, or look at the website and you can probably guess.) I had meetings with team of people who place students at their internships about my placement and the details surrounding it (they were not helpful at all and actually made me rather angry) and I have a feeling we will become well aquatinted through the rest of the semester. (as people from my sorority can attest, I like make my point known)

I went to see Chicago on friday for fun. It was an interesting musical. the music was great but the play overall was just interesting and I don't think I would really go back. I hate to say this, and I will probably never say it about any other musical, but, I enjoy the movie version of it better.

On Saturday we went to Stonehenge and Bath! It was a lot of fun, really cold but also really beautiful! Stonehenge is literally in the middle of a field (there were sheep next to it!) But we got pictures and learned a lot about it.


We then travelled to Bath where we went to the Roman Baths and were able to learn about the history and then we just roamed around the city. It was a really pretty place and I want to go back. (I kinda have to because I saw a starbucks as we were leaving and I need to see if they have a Bath mug for my mom!) Both places are World Heritage site, in fact the entire city of Bath is a world heritage site! Everything is made out of limestone so it looks unified and is just gorgeous! The baths had steam rising off of them and they looked so warm on a nice cold day!





It is really run being able to travel to so many different places and just experience them! it is one really awesome benefit about studying abroad. I had a lot of fun traveling to the different sites and I really want to go back to Bath. My parents are coming this week so I am excited to be with them!!

I am now trying to plan my next adventure, so stay tuned to find out where that will be!

1 comment: