Saturday, January 15, 2011

A Week Complete!

I can officially say I am both done with my first week in London as well as my first week of classes. Classes are good. They are classes that last three hours each, so they do get a little long and a little boring, but overall they are great! The professors for the classes are good and the people are generally really nice. Sitting through nine hours of class in one day is not fun though. It is rather painful to get through, but i do manage.

The first week has had some high points and some low points, but you can't expect every single thing to always be great and fantastic! I have had so many great moments meeting people and hanging out with people! I honestly can't complain about it. Last weekend we took a trip to the tower of london and then walked across a bridge and just explored parts of london and a market on brick lane, it was fantastic! It was a beautiful day filled with sunshine! i believe it was the only day of sun this week!




the weather has been rather depressing. i know rain is great, but i miss the sun. all the LMu students have commented that we are all really lucky about living in LA, it is quite sad that we are sun deprived after 5 days of rain. the first day of sunshine (last saturday) we were ecstatic! it is rather sad. there was actually a bit of thunder and lighting today and it started HAILING!!! it was kind of exciting, although snow would have been cooler!!

We got to see a play this week!! I went to 39 steps. It was entertaining and quite funny. i do not believe it was the greatest show I have seen but it was still a lot of fun! A group of us went out to dinner beforehand and that is always a great time and a lot of laughs!

I have not done very much on my days off. I go running through hyde park and then take the tube some place in london and just walk around. it is fun and i always love exploring other areas!!

Tonight we decided to go to a club with some of our neighbors in the building. The original plan was to go and do karaoke (i was excited) but at the last minute that changed. To be honest, i was not very happy with the change. I had been looking forward to karaoke but i decided to keep an open mind and to just go with the flow. I am becoming a very flexible person while in london. i had a great time. we danced for a long time and we all just really enjoyed ourselves. we made some new friends and met some more of our neighbors. It is always good meeting new people!


It has been a good week in London and I am glad that I am here. The people are fantastic and we are getting along great so far. We have begun planning trips and vacations for ourselves, so i will be sure to update everyone when we finalize our plans!!

No comments:

Post a Comment